Krups Spice and Coffee Grinder Review
Krups electric spice and coffee grinder is an excellent device for home use and I use it on a daily basis. One of the best things about this grinder is that it is relatively quiet therefore I don’t have to worry about the noise and I can easily grind my beans in the morning or at night time. Also the grinder is large enough to process 8 cups of coffee at one time. The grinder is very easy to use and maintain. These things make it a must have for coffee lovers! This grinder has a 200 watt motor which provides fast grinding. It has an oval design and contains stainless steel blades. These things ensure uniform grinding of the beans. You can also use it for grinding nuts, spices and grains.
- This device has a few advantages over other grinders. Firstly it has very sharp blades and these are mounted low in the hosing. Other manufacturers usually place flat tongues of metal in their grinders which reduces their efficiency. Therefore this grinder is very efficient! This grinder also has a higher RPM then other grinders. This helps in reducing the grinding time by giving additional speed to the device. This also helps reduce whole beans to powder in less than a minute. Also the oval shape of the grinders helps the beans to fall back towards the blades for further grinding. It also has a larger capacity than most of the grinders that I have used before. All of these things make this device perfect for grinding!
- However there are certain downsides of using this device. Firstly I didn’t really like the fact that the housing cup is slanted down. I guess they did it for decorative purposes however it doesn’t really do much good to the user. Because of this reason I always end up spilling beans out of the lower side, which can be a bit bothersome. However I did find a way to counter this. First I measure the beans out in the LID and then I turn the whole thing upside down and place the housing into the lid. Secondly you need to learn when to stop grinding due to lack of coarse control. Lastly the base cannot be placed in water hence you have to wipe it out to clean it properly. Even so it is a great device and the advantages counter its negative points. Over all this is a great product and its worth the price you pay for it. I for one would highly recommend it for use!
- Equipped with a 200-watt motor which provides fast grinding
- Very sharp blades
- It has a higher RPM
- Has a very large capacity
- Grinds up to 3 ounces of coffee beans at a time
- Oval design and stainless-steel blades ensure uniform grinding
- It can also be used for grinding spices, nuts, and grains
- Reasonable price
- The housing cup is slanted down
- The base cannot be put in water; it needs to be wiped out