LG Cinema Screen 47LM6700 Review
I had been searching for a Cinema Screen television for my newly furnished living room. After weeks of internet surfing and visiting various electronics shops, what I found best suitable for my red walled lounge was the black shiny LG Cinema Screen with Smart TV and six pairs of 3D glasses. The wide, sleek and thin screen not only looks good and gives an elegant impression in my TV lounge but also serves the purpose of a cozy home cinema. Despite the fact that I am not much into the technical know how of the TV’s functions and operations yet this choice seemed a better option keeping in view what it offers. It is a big screen having a nice, delicate and modern frame design with a wonderful picture quality, a 1.3” depth and a Passive 3D (perfect for watching movies over the weekends and playing games).
- My kids have instantly got fond of it due to its uninterrupted gaming services and the bright, glossy screen show excellent for watching cartoons and films. The sound quality is however not up to the mark as it should have been with a cinema screen. Although I have extra speakers attached to it yet if that black plastic portion which keeps the speakers could be removed, sounds can be improved and you can see that lustrous beautiful design which is not distinguished otherwise. I saw it on Amazon and read various reviews which were positive and then I visited the local LG electronics franchise. The customer services are good and were helpful in getting familiar to the functions and operations of the TV through the manual guide and helpline services. However, I still have confusions regarding the remote control system although it does a good job with navigation of menus and store, etc. Yet, the movement of remote makes it a bit difficult to handle since the cursor automatically appears, moves randomly and with a weird fault shows random and blurry pixels. It takes to push and try various buttons to solve the problem which wastes a lot of time which could be spent in watching the TV and enjoying it.
- I hope LG customer services help to resolve the problem by updating the software like TruMotion, Netflix and Hulu apps which is a difficult task for me to do on my own. The software installed in the TV is not much efficient and reliable due to lack of proper audio synchronization, irregular faults and lack of updates. YouTube and Netflix are still better but the rest of the apps are pretty incompatible unless you pair it with Apple TV for better options. There are various features which are not turned on/off in the settings. For instance the TruMotion 120Hz feature which works well with this LG model. However, LG Smart TV includes some great 3D programs and a lot of free apps.
Despite these little issues which can be resolved through a closer reading of the manual given and a careful examination of TV, the best part is the wonderful picture quality and the set is among the best in the market available at the moment.
- Excellent picture quality
- Thin and light weight screen
- Non-interruptive gaming
- Best 3-D effects
- Shiny and glossy screen
- Problematic software
- Non efficient remote system
- Audio sync issues